Saturday, October 29, 2016

Long time, no quick takes?

I hesitate to say, "I'm back!" but it has been quite a while since I contributed anything to ye ole blogosphere - so here I be to remedy that. The top 7 things that have happened since my last 7QT!

- 1 -

The Spitfire started preschool! This was such a hard decision for me to make... almost as soon as we enrolled her I started researching homeschooling in earnest! What can I say? I love my little girl. But I see quite clearly how she is getting so much out of the experience. If nothing else, her desire to paint huge sheets of paper is getting satiated - and that is definitely something that doesn't happen at home. So I'm sure for her, it is worth it. :)

- 2 -
Before and After

Little dude got his first haircut! Props to the lady who (attempted to) cut his hair. She did her best to get a few chops in while he was playing at the table pictured above, but he really wasn't very cooperative. And now of course, since it has been nearly 2 months since this picture was taken, he's overdue for another go round. Maybe this time it will go better? (ha!)

- 3 -
Top: Yours truly with Kendra of Catholic All Year and Kirby of Under Thy Roof
Bottom: Me, Micaela from California to Korea, Meg the hobo missionary and Kirby
My first overnight away from the kiddos! (I realize everything here is exclamation points, but I can't help it. These have all been pretty big deals. Especially this one.) I was quite nervous about leaving the little ones to head down to Pasadena for the Setting the World on Fire: An Instruction Manual event. I knew my kids were in good, capable hands (hi, honey!). I just didn't know how the kids would take it. But as it turned out we were all ok! More than ok really, because I got more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep! And I got to meet some wonderful, amazing women, and be encouraged to give and live generously.


A photo posted by Sara Rooney (@rooney.sara) on



- 4 -
Helloooo world!
Ok, a little bit out of order here - but a week before the conference my little sis and her hubby welcomed this little man into the world! Precious bundle whom I can't wait to snuggle. The little guy has got quite the personality already, as you can tell. :)

- 5 -
Lots and lots of time with these goofballs. (Commence Photo Dump!)





- 6 -

Another retreat! This time with Sarah Hart - a singer/songwriter from Nashville, who's sung for Pope Francis (!), and has also written songs for Amy Grant and (my favorite) Audrey Assad. She was great. Made us laugh, got us sharing (which made me cry - good tears), and was truly refreshing. Frankly, I amazed that someone of her caliber would come to our neck of the woods! But I'm so glad that she did because I left encouraged and grateful for the reminder of how very much we are loved.

- 7 -

Grammy and Poppy came for a visit! So well timed too, what with my husband going on a 2 week business trip at the same time. Can I just say I love my parents? I do.

Their visit kicks off a whole season of family visiting - Grandad comes soon, and our other new nephew arrives with his parents not long after that! So I hope it won't be as long as a wait before I get on here again. It really is good to get stuff written down, out of my head. And believe me I do have a lot of stuff rattling around in there!

Well, I'm amazed you're still here reading! If you're looking for more, head on over to Kelly's. I heard she was sick and could use some get well soon cheer...

No comments:

Post a Comment