Wednesday, February 15, 2017

On Falling Behind...

Am I the only one who feels like I'm not doing enough of the right things?

I cook. I clean. I shuttle the wee girl to preschool. I try to get us out of the house in the morning. We have a weekly date with the library. I do the grocery shopping and help make/keep the budget.

But.

I fear the kids aren't eating enough any vegetables. I fear the wee girl is having too much screen time. I worry I'm not providing a rich learning/playing environment for the wee ones (read "Crafts? What crafts?") I mean, I freaking gave my boy a full cup of tea this morning. (Oh the look I got from my husband when he found out... not pleased, he was. Not. Pleased.)


How does a mom cope with all these things? I mean, really? I'm trying to figure out what to be concerned about and what to let go. But it honestly feels like everything is important and I'm stuck. I don't know what to change, much less how to change.

Lest you (or I) think that's it's all doom and gloom over here, I do like to look at these pictures and remind myself that we all are still growing with and loving each other.

Having fun at the children's museum!

Somehow got color-coordinated for Mass! #mysundaybest

Still nervous to take it out on the *real* street, but I'm learning!

I hope that counts for something? Gotta admit I feel like Kathleen Kelly and "just want to send this cosmic question out into the void," but I'll go ahead and ask:

How do you handle the doubts and struggles of being a parent?

No comments:

Post a Comment