Friday, October 2, 2015

2 Feasts in 5 Days = ...7QT?

When did you post your first "Seven Quick Takes"?

Answer: right NOW. (Cue the dramatic news music score. Or something.)

- 1 -

What a long week, I tell ya. I think a picture of the front room from today will speak the 1000 words on this topic:

Yes. It's been that kind of day/week.

- 2 -

But tonight is girls' night, and I am soo looking forward to that! The restaurant that we're going to has the most amazing spare ribs on a salad that I think even the most die-hard carnivore would love. Plus they have a whole *wall* of dessert options - to which I say, "Thank you Jesus for breastfeeding!" (The little dude will love this tonight).

- 3 -

We had Carrots for Michaelmas and it was Knot bad! Thank you to Haley and Bonnie for giving poor-planning me a heads up about Michaelmas this week. And they were right: the whiskey glazed carrots are truly yummy. The spitfire even ate one before she realized it was a carrot. And as it just so happened, we had 2 pounds of carrots that needed to be used pronto, plus a couple bottles of whiskey leftover from the FIL's last visit... so truly, providence at its finest!

And then, just to warm this mama's heart, we had our first real family prayer before the meal! (Well, that is, since becoming a family of 4 eight months ago.) Yup, even the little dude held hands and *stayed still and silent* for the whole prayer. Un-be-lieve-able. If I could have taken a picture, I would have! (But I was praying. We all were :) )

- 4 -

I feel I may be the last one to this... but have any of y'all heard of Scott Hahn? (OK. Yes. I know I'm the last one to this... anyway!) I'm reading his book Lord, Have Mercy and I'm getting a little blown away. It's a little like the feeling I had back in high school calculus when everything just *clicked* and I finally figured out "why we had to do all those things we had to do". It was a turning point for me and my relationship with math, much like I think this book will be for me and my relationship with the Church. But since I'm not done with it yet, I think I shall have to save any more thoughts about it for another post.

- 5 -

"Gosh, I love the French!"

This was my exclamation after my daughter ate her "Croque Monsieur" with NO pushback whatsoever (weird name, white sauce and all). This time, thanks to Kendra for her menu idea to celebrate St Therese's feast day. We ate it with sweet potato fries - which I don't think you'll ever find happening in France - much to their loss. It was delicious.

- 6 -

Uh oh. I'm running out of things to talk about. Quick! A cat! from 1986!

Really? They make calendars out of this stuff now?

- 7 -

I actually made it to the craft store this week to price out the supplies needed for making a Jesse Tree. I don't know... this is looking far too crafty for the likes of me. Maybe I'll just buy myself one of these kits. Except that I don't like that it only comes with 25 ornaments.  I would really like it to follow the actual Advent season.  So... maybe someone out there can give me some pointers?!

Linking up with This Ain't the Lyceum for her Link-tober Fest!

4 comments:

  1. oooh I would never have known what a Jesse Tree was... how cool! Good inspiration, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sara!~ Just wanted to send you a quick note to tell you that you've won my St. Therese print at Audrey Eclectic Folk Art! Send me your mailing address and I'll send it your way! :D Heather audreyeclectic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding!! I just received the Madonna of the Book print i ordered from you yesterday! How lovely! (And thank you!)

      Delete