Saturday, May 7, 2016

Seven Quick Takes (and No Witty Titles)

Happy Mother's Day weekend! Because this is now end-of-Saturday, I've had the luxury of being able to read a few other folks' 7QTs and see IG posts on how others are celebrating Mother's day. So, in return I thought I would share a few things that have been happening around here...

- 1 -
Mas-TI-tis!!! (Don't worry... it's non-infectious!)

Oh. Is that TMI? Well, then, don't watch this hilarious video from Hello Flo...


Yeah... I'll just leave that right there. Moving on!

- 2 -

So the day that I was flat on my back with, ahem, what was just previously mentioned, there was a really good webinar hosted by the Blessed Is She folks on "Living Liturgically for the Uncrafty Busy Family." It was really lovely! (And I got a little shout out at 2:38! Ha! :) ) Overall, I left encouraged and felt like I had received a confirmation in the things we have been doing. And since this year's word is LEARN, I attended looking for one thing that I could incorporate - and I think (much to my daughter's delight but husband's bane) - that I'd like to try and incorporate singing more. This will probably happen at next Advent (so Paul has time to adjust to the idea. ;) ) But music really is such a big part of *my* life - it only makes sense to incorporate that into our family worship. If you have the time/inclination, I would really recommend watching the webinar. It has a lot of good information in it. I hope Blessed Is She will do more in the future!

- 3 -


- 4 -

Everyone has heard of taco salad, right? Well this week, I had a whole bunch of lettuce, leftover chicken tikka masala, and some Indian style brown rice; so guess what I made? Tikka salad! Served with a little dollop of sour cream on top (just like its Taco cousin) and it was delicious. I know I can't possibly be the first person to think of this, but if I am, y'all need to tell me so I can go copyright it or something. So good.

- 5 -

Earlier this week, I learned about Rogation days - just in time to kinda observe them with the family. From what I understand, there are 4 Rogation days in the church year, 3 of them being the days that lead up to Ascension Thursday (which just passed). And because I learned about them, I also learned about Ember days (a 3 day period celebrated 4 times a year). Both these periods really appealed to Paul and I for their "yin and yang"ness. Basically, during the Ember days, we praise God for the beauty of nature and her seasons; and during the Rogation days, we ask for God's protection from nature's destructive abilities and for an increase in our crops. Well, the only "crops" we have at the moment are cherry tomatoes (shown above) - so we busted out the holy water (for the first time since the kiddo's baptism!) and got to work. We decided to bless every plant we could... Evelyn loved it.


- 6 -

We also decided to pray for the farmers who provide us with our veggies each week: Singing Frogs Farm. We love them and the farm so much! (As it turned out, praying for small farmers was also in line with Pope Francis's prayer intentions for the month of April - so, yay us!)

- 7 -

And this month his holiness's prayers are for women! Just in time for mother's day! ;) (Though I sincerely doubt that's why he chose that intention!) God bless you and your mama, tomorrow and always.

Head on over and wish Kelly a Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment